Over the years TRC Tourism has worked long and hard to support sustainable tourism development in both Australia and New Zealand as well as in Asia and the Pacific regions.
We enjoy using the cumulated years (decades!) of experience in every project we get involved with. As we learn from the many and varied projects we have done we like to share our knowledge to provide the best possible outcomes for our current projects. In the developing countries, the work agenda is often focused on improving the livelihood of those in hardship or at risk from depleted natural resources. In many cases we have been fortunate enough to impart knowledge while furthering our own knowledge working alongside indigenous tourism operators.
Over time, we have improved our skills in the development of individual products and experiences. We are now fortunate to be recognized as a leader in nature and adventure tourism with particular expertise in walking, trekking and cycle trails. We also have oodles of knowledge and great ideas to share about mountain recreation, ecotourism lodges, fishing, surfing and other marine sports.
We have worked with clients in many countries to address workforce development needs and to assist in building capacity. Our approach is built from the ground up evaluating needs and opportunities then developing realistic strategies for change.
Working with individual businesses through to large companies and national agencies we work closely with our clients to deliver training and mentoring programs. We specialise in developing the right solutions to enhance organisation practices, processes and operations.
Our services include:
- Training needs analysis
- Workforce development plans
- Business mentoring and support
- Study tours
- Governance structures
- Organizational reviews
- Designing tourism development programmes for international donor agencies
- Implementing tourism development programmes with local counterparts
- Design of nature, adventure and cultural tourism products and experiences
- Design and application of environment standards, indicators and accreditation systems for tourism development
- Review and evaluation of tourism development projects
- Indigenous business development in Australia and New Zealand