Sustainability Commitment for the Conference
TRC Tourism aims to ensure its business practices are economically viable, socially responsible and environmentally friendly. As a green conference we are committed to sustainable practices.
Our sustainability commitment for the Sustainable Trails Conference 2021
- Carbon offset all TRC flights
- Carpool whenever possible for efficiency and use 10% ethanol fuel whenever it is available
- Minimise waste by ensuring we do not purchase products with excess or non-recyclable packaging and use paperless marketing and correspondence
- Make business purchases from local vendors as supporting them is an important way to keep money circulating within the local economy and minimises transport
- Elimination of delegate bags from the conference and the implementation of digital delegate bag
- Avoid single use plastics and avoidable waste products for catering and throughout the conference which includes the elimination of plastic bottles and plastic straws from the conference centre
- Promote and advocate to relevant sustainability commitments relevant to the conference
What you can do
- Carbon offset your flights
- Bring a reusable drink bottle, keep cup and shopping bag
- Bring your own name badge/tag, if you do not have one we will provide one at registration
- Say no to daily room service and reuse your towels, also switch of your lights when you leave your hotel room. Only use air conditioning when needed, keep your blinds down when you’re out to keep your room cool
- Buy local products to support the community
- Use the conference bus rather than hire a car
- Utilise the airport transfers (they meet every flight, rather than a taxi)
TRC Tourism is committed to a zero carbon footprint by carbon offsetting in our business.
For a long time, TRC Tourism has been advocating, educating and providing environmentally and socially sustainable solutions for tourism, recreation and conservation projects. When reassessing our own values recently, we asked – ‘are we ourselves doing enough?’ Pathzero has helped us assess our carbon impact, and with some small changes, we can now proudly advise we are a carbon neutral business. TRC’s mantra is about making a difference for people and places, joining the net zero movement honours this philosophy.