Anna brings over 12 years of experience in the tourism industry to the TRC Tourism team, having worked across a range of tourism sectors whilst living and working in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Anna’s tourism experience encompasses business and product development, account management, operations, a destination marketing company, reservations, M.I.C.E, the cruise industry and retail travel management.
During her time in the United Kingdom, Anna also spent 3 years working within project management teams whose clients included the International Olympic Committee, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Microsoft, United Nations and the Istanbul 2020 Olympic Games bid. The projects ranged from one week up to 2 years commitment. Anna was involved from initial request for quote and tender submission, to logistical planning and execution, through to final delivery. Attention to detail and continued relationship management with clients and stakeholders was a key element to success.
A recent addition to TRC Tourism and working in a supportive role across a wide variety of team projects, Anna has gained insight and skills in regional tourism opportunities and challenges, as well as project management and delivery, collaboration, communication, workshop facilitation, research and analysis proficiency, and report writing skills. Anna has strong skills in understanding new subjects and destinations and also adapting quickly to ever-changing environments. She has also navigated Aboriginal and Māori related tourism projects that have required sensitive stakeholder and community consultation.
- Cruise specialist — in Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom, working for both the UK’s largest independent cruise agent and Australia’s only national cruise retail agency.
- Variety of travel industry experience.
- Project support and ability to adapt to new destination and/or sector.
- Event management — on high profile international events such as London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Destination Southern NSW Product Audit (NSW)
- Optimising Future Cruise Value in Tairāwhiti Gisborne (NZ)
- Port Macquarie Destination Product Audit and Analysis (NSW)
- Tairāwhiti Gisborne Accommodation Sector Analysis (NZ)
- City of Wanneroo Tourism Strategy and Action Plan (WA)