TRC was engaged to work together with existing South Coast NSW Aboriginal Tourism businesses on future business planning and development. Businesses included:
- South Coast Seaweed
- Muladha Gamara
- Nar-oo-ma Cultural Tours
- Malleema Aboriginal Cultural Tours.
Each business plan was tailored to suit where the business was at and set an achievable five year pathway for business owners. Business plans:
- Undertook a co-designed approach with business owners, ensuring pride and ownership, best fit solutions, aspirations and goals are met, cultural appropriateness and achievability
- Built an understanding of the existing situation, identifying challenges, gaps and opportunities
- Identified target markets and their profiles and best methods for engagement and attraction
- Included recommended marketing strategies and approaches
- Aligned with regional, state and federal government strategic priorities
- Benchmarked similar case studies, highlighting both best practice and lessons learned
- Presented a prioritised action plan with short, medium and long term deliverables, supported by a logical implementation schedule with indicative costs
- Understood and provided direction on capacity, training needs and operational management
- Collaborated with existing and potential partners to ensure the support and successful delivery of the Tourism Business Plan.