Chris has more than 25 years’ experience planning exciting and sustainable visitor experiences, with expertise in trail development and eco-tourism. He is known for developing trail, outdoor-active and nature-based experiences that provide positive economic and wellbeing outcomes for their communities.
Chris has technical and practical knowledge of planning and construction of sustainable trails that blend into landscapes and provide quality user experiences. Over the past decade, he has led projects developing and implementing trail experiences around Australia and New Zealand, including mountain bike, walking, shared-use, horse riding and aquatic trails.
A community engagement expert, Chris works closely with Traditional Owners and other stakeholders to develop recreational trails, visitor experiences and co-management plans that deliver real benefits to the community.
- Strategic planning for nature-based, outdoor-active and eco-tourism projects
- Trail strategy and planning, assessments and on-ground audits
- Community engagement and working collaboratively to deliver cultural, recreation and outdoor-active experiences in nature
- Paluma to Wallaman Falls Cultural Trail Tourism Business Case and Plan
- Northern Flinders Ranges and Arkaroola Protection Area ‘The Dawn of Animal Life’ World Heritage Concept Plan
- ForestrySA Cudlee Creek Forest Trails Fire Recovery Strategy
- Victor Harbor Mountain Bike Strategy
- Red Centre Adventure Ride – Cycling Concept Plan and Design for 240 km trail traversing Tjoritja / West MacDonnell National Park and ranges
- Glenelg Shire Tracks and Trails Strategy
- Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley Trails Master Plan
- Ningaloo Trails Master Plan (Shire of Exmouth)
- Priority Kokoda Track Conservation Works, Kokoda Track Authority Track Operations Manual and Kokoda Track Authority Strategic Review
- Daylesford to Tylden Feasibility Project incorporating the Daylesford Spa Country Railway (DSCR) Feasibility Project
- Daylesford (Tylden) to Woodend, Kyneton and Hanging Rock Shared Trails
- Feasibility Report – Macedon Ranges Shire Council Gunaikurnai Joint Management Plan for 10 Gippsland parks and reserves