Consultant | Melbourne, Australia
A specialist in outdoor-active, nature and trail-based tourism Chris has worked in the tourism sector for more than 18 years, advising government departments, tourism organisations, not-for-profits and operators.
Chris helps clients to better understand the growing outdoor-active tourism market and trail sector and create high quality, sustainable nature-based experiences. He is experienced in market research and nature-based experience assessments, trail scouting, auditing and geospatial data collection, strategic product and service development, tourism experience design, and events and media content production in relation to the outdoor active, adventure and trail sectors.
Chris’s projects benefit from an extensive network of contacts and knowledge base covering active pursuit communities as diverse as mountain biking, trail running, bushwalking, paddlesports and climbing.
Unique analytical, practical and experience-based understanding of the ‘outdoor active’ and adventure tourism market
- Strategic and creative planning of trail, natural landscape and active experience development
- Ability to design sustainable, landscape-based tourism experiences that best integrate with and benefit local communities and livelihoods.
West Tasmania Walks Strategy
- Mount Hotham Walking Trail Masterplan
- Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority Trails Planning
- Namadgi NP Walking Trail Study
- Wiradjuri Trail Masterplan, Wagga Wagga
- Noosa Trails Network Masterplan
- Sunshine Coast MTB Experience Strategic Review
- Baw Baw Epic Adventure Ride Feasibility
- Gippsland G9 MTB Hub Feasibility
- Gippsland Lakes Aquatic Feasibility, Experience Design, and Implementation Plan
- Concept plan, design and documentation for Red Centre Tjoritja Adventure Ride Experience Design and Trail Alignment / Adventure Cycling in Tjoritja / West MacDonnell Ranges National Park
- Illawarra Escarpment MTB Demand Analysis
- Mogo Adventure Trail Hub Strategy
- Glenelg Trails Strategy including Casterton to Branxholme Rail Trail Feasibility Study
- Nitmiluk National Park MTB alignmentsFeasibility of new MTB alignments
- Western Australia Trails Blueprint
- Macedon Ranges Shared Use Trails Plan
- Cooloola Great Walk / CABN concept design.