A specialist in outdoor active, nature and trail-based tourism, Chris has worked in the tourism sector for more than 18 years, advising government departments, tourism organisations, not-for-profits, operators and outdoor brands.
His project experience covers market research and economic impact assessments, trail scouting, auditing and geospatial data collection, strategic product and service development, tourism experience design, and events and media content production, all with specific relevancy to the outdoor active, adventure and trail sectors.
Chris has developed a reputation as a go-to expert for the development of leading-edge outdoor active and adventure tourism experiences that proactively engage with and benefit local communities. His projects benefit from an extensive network of contacts and knowledge base covering active pursuit communities as diverse as mountain biking, trail running, bushwalking, paddlesports and climbing.
- Unique analytical, practical and experience-based understanding of the ‘outdoor active’ and adventure tourism market
- Strategic and creative planning of trail, natural landscape and active experience development
- Sustainable approach to integrating active outdoor pursuits and trail experiences within sensitive natural environments
- Ability to design landscape based tourism experiences that best integrate with and benefit local communities and livelihoods
- Wiradjuri Trail Masterplan, Wagga Wagga
- Noosa Trails Network Masterplan
- Baw Baw Epic Adventure Ride Feasibility
- Gippsland G9 MTB Hub Feasibility
- Concept plan, design and documentation for Red Centre Adventure Ride / Adventure Cycling in Tjoritja / West MacDonnell National Park
- Mogo Adventure Trail Hub Strategy
- Glenelg Trails Strategy including Casterton to Branxholme Rail Trail Feasibility Study
- Nitmiluk National Park Feasibility of new MTB alignments
- Western Australia Trails Blueprint
- Macedon Ranges Shared Use Trails Plan
- Cooloola Great Walk / CABN concept design