Tasmania: come down for air, a place of wild and beautiful landscapes.
We invite you to join us in November 2022 for Australia and New Zealand’s leading sustainable recreational trails event. Meeting on lutruwita country (North East Tasmania), Australia’s smallest but most geographically diverse state. Home to world-famous walks like the Overland Track, Wineglass Bay, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track and world-class mountain biking parks like Blue Derby and Maydena. The three-day conference brings together a broad discipline of trail interests — trail users, designers, planners, land managers, volunteers, clubs and construction experts to share, connect and learn what is driving the trails industry.
Join us and hear from leading professionals on sustainable trail development, management and marketing. Discover stunning landscapes and unique animals and plants as we explore the epic trails that traverse through Tasmania’s natural wonders.
Program: a draft program will be released closer to the date… the conference will run 9am – 5pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with social functions on the Tuesday and Thursday night.
Conference Location: St Helens, North East Tasmania
Conference venue: Panorama, St Helens
- Panorama Hotel (reserved special conference rates at $149per night including a continental breakfast, $12 cooked breakfast add on. Go to www.panoramahotel.com.au > Book now > Enter dates AND enter the promotion code TRC2022 (it’s not case sensitive, you must enter this code, otherwise it won’t show as any availability) > Book. (If the available rooms for the full length of the conference have sold out, when you go to the search page, you will then see which nights are left)
- The Bay Side (700m from conference venue)
- The Anchor Wheel Motel (1.6km from conference venue)
- Queechy Motel (1.4km from conference venue)
- Tasman Holiday Parks (3.6km from conference venue)
How to get there: Coach transfers will be made available for conference delegates from Launceston airport (Pick up Monday 31st Oct – Return Friday 4th Nov). St Helens is a 2 hour drive via the Fingal Valley from Launceston and 3 hour drive from Hobart. Both Launceston and Hobart cities and airports are serviced by all major hire car companies.
Launceston to St Helens
- Via National & Esk Highway – 2 hours, 15 mins (167kms)
- Via Tasman Highway – 2 hours, 45 mins (158kms)
Hobart to St Helens
- Via National & Esk Highways – 3 hours, 15 mins (254kms)
- Via Tasman Highway – 3 hours, 30 mins (256kms)
Climate: The climate in November in St Helens is mild and reasonably dry. Daytime maximum temperatures average around 18°C (65°F), whilst at night 10°C (49°F) is normal.
Sponsorship opportunities available: Put your brand at the forefront of the industry-leading Sustainable Trails Conference 2022 by being a sponsor.
Contact: Your conference organisers for 2022 are Donna Graf and Lisa Cheeseman, if you have any questions please contact us.
Donna Graf | M: 0422 559 765 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Cheeseman | M: 0447 110 835 | E: email@example.com
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of lutruwita (Tasmania) Aboriginal land, sea and waterways. We acknowledge, with deep respect the traditional owners of this land, the palawa people. Sovereignty has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land. The palawa people belong to the oldest continuing culture in the world. They cared and protected Country for thousands of years. They knew this land, they lived on the land and they died on these lands. We honour them.
Image credit for media used for marketing and promotion of the Sustainable Trails Conference 2022: Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service; Tourism Tasmania; Don Fuchs; James Bowden; Tayla Gentle; Stu Gibson; Jason Charles Hill; Emilie Ristevski; Jess Bonde; Places We Go; Revolution MTB; Flow Mountain Bike; Tim Bardsley-Smith; J. Da Seymour Photomedia; Geoffrey Lea; Jess Bonde; O&M St John Photography; Kane Naaraat and Pinkbike.com; Liam Neal.