TRC Tourism is a leading international tourism, recreation and conservation planning consultancy based in Australia and New Zealand. TRC specialise in tourism planning, sustainable destination management and development; product and experience development and feasibility studies; recreational trails projects for mountain biking, walking, running, horse riding and aquatic trails; Indigenous tourism and product development, and protected area visitor management. TRC was the winner of the Outstanding Employer of Choice in the 2019 NSW Business Chamber Business Awards recognising our success in creating stimulating and supporting workplace environments for our employees.
We are looking for an economist/data analyst to join our Jindabyne team. You will ideally have 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role with experience in economic modelling, economic impact assessments and cost benefit analysis, writing business cases and data analysis in the tourism sector.
The position is full time but part time arrangements are negotiable if preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Specialist knowledge of economic impact methodologies and experience in cost-benefit analysis of investment and capital projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain economic concepts and quantitative results, as well as their implications, to non-specialists
- Experience in researching, sourcing, manipulating and analysing statistical information and the ability to write clear reports analysing the data
- Adaptability and flexibility in working with, and across, teams and functions
- Effective planning and organisational skills and ability to work without supervision
- An interest in trails and tourism and a desire to broaden skills in these sectors would be highly regarded.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit an online application. This must include:
- an up-to-date CV which clearly details your relevant skills and experience (maximum 5 pages)
- a cover letter addressing the essential requirements and what you bring to the TRC team
For more information about this position or to submit your application by email email@example.com.